Discussion: Multiple Logistic Regression
Much of the study of epidemiology and biostatistics addresses the following outcomes: disease or no disease, death or no death, exposure or no exposure. These are dichotomous outcomes, making multiple logistic regression a reasonable choice for evaluation of epidemiological data. Many doctoral epidemiology students, therefore, choose multiple logistic regression to analyze research data.
For this Discussion, you review the articles in the Learning Resources listed under “For the Discussion.”
Select one article in the Learning Resources listed under “For the Discussion.” ( I selected Epidemiological characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) patients in IRAN: A single center study – ScienceDirect
By Day 4
Find and discuss the following key elements of the article you selected:
- Identify variables: independent variable(s), dependent variable(s), and confounders.
- What was the research question?
- Why was multiple logistic regression used?
- What was the main result(s)?
- What was the interpretation?
- What are your thoughts on the limitation(s) of the study?
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.